Tuesday, June 16, 2009

number 52

it's funny how days seem to drag by while you wait in anticipation for a special event and then when you only have a week left, you wonder what you've been doing that whole time and it seems there will never be enough time to get everything you need to get done, done. thus i found myself, just a few minutes before nathan's family and my family were suppoesd to meet officially for the first time, with a prayer in my heart, a number in my hand and a place in the cutting line at joannes. somehow, this simple task of getting material for table clothes had escaped the "to do" list and now was the only moment left to do it. surprisingly, i felt no stress, everything would be fine. i hoped nathan and i would be on time to meet with the familes we both love so much. while i waited for a man who looked like albert einstein to finish getting his animal skin-type material cut so my number could be called, i reflected back over the past year and all the adventures it held for nathan and i. i thought about the day we met, he and sean (our mutual friend) came over to my apartment for dinner and after we saw iron man. i'll never forget how nervous i was and how stupid i felt when i introduced nathan to my roommates before even being introduced myself. i remembered sitting by him in the movie, hardly paying attention to iron man and only thinking about the man sitting right next to me, nathan. he looked so cute in his striped collared shirt, hat and NUMBER 52 TO THE CUTTING BOARD PLEASE! that was me. i went and got the material pieces we needed and left the craft store capitol of the world. the rest of the day and into the next is a blur. i remember laughing, hugging, talking and sleeping. it was the night before my wedding. i remembered talking to my friends before they got married, wondering how they would ever sleep that night. wondering how they were feeling. wondering what was going through their minds. now it was my turn. i was surprised to feel nothing but complete peace and calm. i had a wonderful talk with my amazing mother and after a goodnight call from my fiance-for-one-more-day, i went to sleep that night with no problem and had sweet dreams of the following day. all the plans, all the waiting, all the everything to do with wedding planning was OVER! i thought for a moment i would miss the thrill of it all....then i came to my senses. i don't know what wedding planners see in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment