Tuesday, June 16, 2009

nuptials and tacos

june 6, 2009. a day i'll remember for the rest of forever. this day was the day i became forever young. i woke up that morning from a phone call to my very-soon-to-be-husband, he is so wonderful! after we chatted for a few minutes i started to get ready for the big day. everyone was running around like crazy around me trying to prepare for the big day and i felt like i was in a movie where they do that scene where everyone is in fast motion all around them, like super speedy, and I'm just kinda of there doing my thing like "la di da di da". it's kinda of surreal. I just sat in my room curling my hair and doing my makeup while my sweet brothers ran around like crazy little men setting up everything, bless their hearts. wes made a sonic run and got everyone breakfast sandwiches (yum! the perfect wedding breakfast!) Before I knew it, it was time for me to jump in the car and meet my man at the temple. i threw on some church clothes and headed out the door. i doubt there is a crazier feeling than driving myself to the temple to be married! i talked to nathan for a few minutes and then drove most of the way with my thoughts and alan jackson on the radio. i'll never forget the feeling that came over me as i made the turn onto bonanza from hollywood and saw the beautiful temple. so many times i had looked to the temple for comfort, for peace and looked forward to the time i would go to be sealed to the love of my life- the time was now! no words can ever describe the feelings i felt as i looked up at the spires of the temple and smiled. as i pulled into the parking lot i got even more excited when i saw all the other brides coming out, their families waiting for them and the feelings of joy and excitement that seemed to surround the entire place. as i parked my car and met up with nathan the excitement started to surge through both of us. the next time we walked out to the car, we would be sealed together for time and all eternity! we stopped by a bench and nathan said a quick prayer for us. i can't recall ever feeling so calm and right. after nathan's words we stood up and hugged, it was so much fun as we walked to the temple and nathan opened the door for me to walk in. we smiled at each other as he opened the second door to the beautiful temple. we walked to the counter as two seperate people and showed the temple worker the pieces of paper that show we are recommended to enter the temple. as nathan and i walked past the counter and into the temple our eternal life together began. my grandfather sealed us together for time and all eternity in an amazing ceremony that can not be described in words of this earth. after the ceremony and a few quiet, special moments together, nathan and i again walked to the doors that lead out of the temple. this time we walked out as one. it seemed like there were millions of people waiting outside for us. it was amazing to walk out and see all the people that love and support us. we took pictures and after a million congratulations people began to leave. i was denied the privilage of taking my dress off and putting regular clothes on and i was forced to stay in the beautiful torture chamber. after we gathered our things nathan and i walked to the car, as a married couple. as we walked and quietly spoke of how CRAZY it is that we're married i heard a familiar voice shout my name. "HEATHER!!!! OH MY GOSH HEATHER!!!!!" i turned to see lisa tippetts running towards me. it was so much fun to see her and give her a hug! she was there picking up her daughter's sealing dress, they had been sealed together last saturday. it was so much fun! as nathan and i drove away i think we were both in awe at the experience we had both just had. as we began to make the 30 minute drive back to my house we both realized how hungry and thirsty we were. a del taco run was in the cards for sure. we pulled into the closest del taco, wedding dress, cufflinks and all and ordered a chicken taco and drink. perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather I didn't know you had a blog. I love it and what a cute way to start off! Hey my e-mail is Paps4u@aol.com if you send me your e-mail I'll invite to my blog

    ReplyDelete